Thursday, July 16, 2009

Questions and Answers 2

Hello Prep/1M and Mr Marsh - thank you for your questions:

1. How come the lizard in your photo had two different colours?
The lizard at Ubirr is called a Firetail skink. My wildlife book says they twitch their bright red tails when they meet other lizards. If an animal tried to catch the lizard it would let its tail fall off and grow a new one.

2. How many pools have you swam in and which one was your favourite? I've been swimming at Hawker, Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Bitter Springs, Roper River, Cooinda, Tumbling Waters, Berry Springs, Wangi Falls and Katherine. My favourite so far is Berry Springs because there was a warm waterfall and I could see lots of fish with my goggles. The last time we went to Berry Springs we saw a snake. My Dad and I went inside the waterfall. Can you see my Dad's arm coming out of the waterfall in the picture? Can you spot me under the water?

No comments:

Post a Comment